3/16/2011

Eva and Céline, eco-volunteers at Muringa Farm (August-September 2010) comment on their stay:

Eva, 22 years old:














I think I can summarise my stay here with just one word: exceptional!
I would love to urge all of you people who love animals, nature and want to know about the local people.
The bandas, the restaurant at the shores of the lake, the multicoloured birds, and the monkeys make Muringa farm a magnificent place where you feel most welcomed.

All the persons of the staff are very kind. Each moment passed with them was very enriching and I hope to experience it another day.

There is no standard day, the activities start at 9:00 am and end at about 6:00pm.





The programme proposed by Astrid and Erick suist everyone’s needs.
According to your wishes, you can observe the behaviour of the monkeys (blue monkeys and colobus), take care of the animals of the farm, interact with the locals or learn the medicinal use of the plants from Korir.
As far as I am concerned, my program was a mixture of a lot of activities.

The moments I passed with local people (the visit at the children’s home, the school of the refugees and the meal at Samuel’splace) and the animals at the farm (Laini, Adabu, Justice...) will rest dearly in my heart.

According to the length of your stay they will offer you to go on safari. As I was staying for 3 weeks, I went on a safari to Masai Mara and Nakuru.
The two places were magical. Mara with its typical savannah and Nakuru with its lake full of pink flamingoes.
At the Mara I had the opportunity of witnessing a memorable scenery: 3 cheetahs walking next to our car and stopping to drink water on one of the potholes, that was fantastic.













Finally I would like to thank Astrid and Erick for being welcoming and kind. I wish all the next eco-volunteers to live such a beautiful experience!.

eva.lartigau@hotmail.fr

Céline, 26 years old:





What a happiness! Typical wonderful bandas which according to me are very comfortable.The restaurant at the shores of the lake was a tranquil place. We could observe the magnificent birds and sometimes the colobus monkeys a little bit shy or even the blue monkeys jumping from tree to tree.
Really, there l looked at all that my eyes could see and it filled my heart.
Thanks to Astrid and Erick for welcoming us to this wonderful place.
Thank you for the life you gave to this place. I will miss all the animals that we took care of (Laini, Adabu and Mwitu and especially Santos), the staff also.


The cooks prepare a variety of good food with the local products. I am going to miss the pancakes that I had for breakfast!.
They were all very nice, sharing their culture and interests with us. A permanent exchange that has enriched me a lot.






Our guide Korir was exceptional! He is a goldmine of information for all that concerns birds, animals and plants.
I very much loved the way they could take plants and look for their medicinal values.
I adored the horse rides with Benjamin and Vincent.
Erick and Astrid make a programme that suits everyone’s needs. For my part it’s especially the plants and the contact with the population which interested me most but I loved discovering other things and notably observing the monkeys, the birds and taking care of the animals of the farm.


The Kenyans are very welcoming. At the beginning we went for a walk in the city, the impression was an attractive one. All the children came to say hi with the phrase “how are you”. Then I quickly got adapted to their warm smiles. Samuel and his Family welcomed us into his small house and served us with one of the local delicacies. Those were strong emotional moments.
I am going to remember this place and the inhabitants for a long time!


I am going to finish with one typical African activity for us tourists: the safaris.
Astrid and Erick gave us the opportunity to go to their camp in Mara and to Nakuru. I am not going to make any other comment than this: MAGICAL!!!



To all those who desire to live such a rich experience as the one I had, I advise you without hesitation (if you hesitate…!) to visit Muringa Farm.

cvenot584@hotmail.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire